Orders must be placed a week in advance. No orders available during school holidays/summer break. All orders must be done through the Luther web store.
Culinary Arts Period 6 Click Here
Global Studies and Catering Class
Stocked Pantry Items in Luther's Kitchen
- canola oil and olive oil
- white wine vinegar, red wine vinegar, rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar
- all-purpose flour, white sugar, brown sugar, confectioners' sugar
- cocoa powder
- cornmeal, panko (Japanese bread crumbs), oats
- baking powder, baking soda, yeast, cornstarch
- salt, pepper, most spices, most dried herbs (check my spice wall first!)
- fresh garlic
- eggs, 2% milk, unsalted butter
- mayonnaise, mustard, Dijon mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce
- maple syrup, honey, vanilla extract
Luther Catering Events
Cafe Lu! A wonderful treat for Luther staff.
Below are pictures of our very successful Cafe Lu. We also deliver lunches to staff on Fridays.
Lebanese Meat Pies
My mom came in to make one of our lunch specials - Lebanese meat pies. We served them alongside a yogurt, mint and cucumber salad. Very traditional dish in our house. My mom makes the best meat pies! You can too:)
Looking for something in particular...
Here are some photos from a baby shower we were hired to cater! Thanks to Period 3 and Catering class.
Catering Events With Class!
Luther Burbank Middle School students learn invaluable skills that will always be applicable in their lives. Knowing how to cook well not only keeps us fed but also encourages us to share our love of cooking with others. It's pretty amazing what you can get middle schoolers to do with good-quality ingredients. Below are some photos from our most recent catering event - Luther's Art Show. The mini churros with chocolate sauce were amazing!!!
A sampling of our formal party creations. Yum!!
Catering Class 2021/2022. *and my Sophia!!
Catering Class - Distance Learning 2020/2021
2018/2019 School year
2016/2017 School Year
Catering Class 2013/2014